Mega Handloom Clusters in various parts of the country will be taken up for their holistic development, drawing comprehensive development plans. Each Mega Handloom Cluster will cover atleast 10,000 handlooms with GoI contribution upto Rs.30.00 crore per mega cluster. Nature and level of assistance to each Mega Cluster will be need based. Duration of mega handloom cluster project is 5 years.
Implementing Agency :-
- National /State Level Handloom Organizations
- State Director of Handloom concerned
- Commissioner/Director of sericulture of concerned State
- Central Government Organizations (WSCs/IIHTs)
- State Handloom Development Corporations
- State Handloom Apex Co-operative Societies
- Any other appropriate legal entity working for handlooms recommended by the State Govt. and approved by the DC (HL).
- Baseline Survey, Diagnostic Study, formulation of DPR
- Individual interventions directly benefitting weavers
- Funds sharing
- Design Development and Product Diversification
- Market Development
- Basic & Technical Infrastructure
- Value addition (Garmenting/apparel units/environment friendly processing units etc.)
Monitoring:- At cluster level, the project will be monitored by jointly by the Head of Office of Weavers Service Centre and State Directorate of Handloom & Textiles concerned. The implementation of the projects shall also be reviewed periodically by PAMC.